Saturday, March 21, 2015

I pledged not to break traffic signals!

Some incidents happen in your life that make you miserable. Some other incidents, they change you forever.

This is a story of learning. About the day I realized why following traffic signals is necessary. Hoping that you guys will understand and implement this too. It was a big change in my life! #StartANewLife

Being an Indian, we just love not following rules. More so, when we are out on the streets. No wonder, we have such pathetic traffic congestions every other day. I am not any different from you all. I never really followed traffic signals. It was like one of those rules that you are ordered to follow in schools which don’t make sense. Even more so, when the traffic is less. It was one night a few months back and I was returning from work very late, around 9.30 pm. I was driving my car while listening to Snow Patrol’s compilation album. As was my habit, I was moving ahead breaking one signal after the other. Since it was so late, there wasn't much traffic. Suddenly my phone started ringing and I decided to take it. I was near a traffic signal and decided to stop as the signal was red, which would also allow me to receive the call. Few seconds later, a car crossed me, breaking the signal in the process. I didn't really cared at that moment. But behind it, another 2 wheeler came in full speed. The guy riding the 2 wheeler assumed that the road was clear because the other car had just crossed the signal. Under this confidence, the biker didn't bother to check and kept on coming. That was when I noticed another car coming in from the left side prepared to cross as the signal for him was green. He was also not expecting anyone would be come from the lane in which I was parked. Both the car and the bike hadn't seen each other and were confidently moving on in their stride. I noticed it but had no time to act. I somehow prepared myself for the inevitable and was about to close my eyes when I suddenly realize I could alert the car driver. As a reflex action, I started furiously blowing the horn and flashing the dipper. Thankfully, my idea worked and I was able to alert the car driver. It all happened in a moment but the car stopped right at the centre of the road with enough space for the biker to squeeze through without a scratch.
That was the day I realized that even though you may be confident, others may follow you when you break the traffic signal. This is actually over-confidence, not confidence. I pledged that day not to break traffic signals ever again in life.

Watch the video below to see how https://housing.com/ started a new life. If I can and they can, then even you can do it!

No comments: