Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Proposal for DEATH




a gift of god this life they say
too much to learn and too much to see
drama without a script and our part we play
dirty game of fate impossible to flee

we come, we love, we bond and we thrive
with a fear that soon the bells may toll
steal our loved ones and leave us to cry
death they call it but time still rolls

death, i won't bow my head before you
wont let you take my world away with you
won't give up till words happily rhyme
you feel lonely, let me be your valentine


death, they fear you but i am not afraid
whatever may come i will stick to what i said
won't let you steal for whom my heart beats
you feel like a butcher, let me be the meat

death, why can't you leave their soul in peace
do you like it when they curse you for the deceased
i don't fear you but to lose who are my own
you feel like a hang man, let me be the con

DEATH, i hereby propose you a partisan deal
cut my throat, let me bleed, do whatever you feel
take my life a million times but leave them in peace
head held high, i will suffer your wrath unleashed.

--------

Playing in my head - "Save Me" by A7X(Avenged Sevenfold)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Too good !! :)

Nilay said...

thanx buddy! :)

Shakti_Shetty said...

This one reminded me of "Death the Leveller" ... intense and apostrophic!

Nice work.

Nilay said...

thanx man...i wanted to make it intense and passionate.

words mean a lot and you know it better than most people out here.

Shashidhar Sharma said...

I could relate to this Nilay.. its good and very evocative..

Shashi
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/09/whispers-in-memories-way-of-soul.html
At twitter @VerseEveryDay

Nilay said...

Thank you Shashi!